From the Huna Traditions
What it does
In Huna, it is believed that we use energy everyday that is known as Mana. Mana comes in various forms of refinement. You may think of it as gasoline that comes with different octane levels: gas for your car, gas for an airplane and rocket fuel.
Mana is needed for us to live our Lives.
Over the course of time, our Mana stores become depleted—we start to run out of gas. HA Breath fills up the tank.
The process of HA Breathing also helps us relax and focus. It also makes us more grounded while also connecting us with above.
How it is done
HA Breathing is very simple.
- Close your eyes….
- Breath in through your nose, directing your breath to your 3rd Eye Chakra. Do this to a count of four. Take your time…
- Immediately exhale to a count of eight. As you exhale, direct it to your Solar Plexus. Exhale with your mouth open while making a HAAAAA sound.
- Repeat three times
When you exhale, do not force it. Instead, replicate the sound of gentle waves caressing a beach.
Do this whenever you feel: tired, run down, out of sorts, angry, sad, depressed, anxious, nervous, un-grounded, dense or not empowered.
- Inhale through the nose, focusing on the 3rd eye to a count of four.
- Breathe slow and easy; replicate the sounds of waves caressing a black sand beach…gentle.
- Exhale to a count of 8, focusing on the Solar Plexus.
- Do this 3 times. You may do this as many times as needed during the day.